Hello, hello, hello!
Welcome back to April!
We will have a 2017 Marching Eagles parent and student meeting on Tuesday, May 2nd at 7pm in the CMHS Auditorium. This is for students planning on being in the Marching Eagles for the 2017-2018 school year - including the incoming freshmen. It shouldn't last very long, however, I do encourage your attendance so that you don't miss any information!
On May 5th, there are quite a few things due. The 2nd Fine Arts Critique of the year (information can be found here) and the 4th Quarter Playing test. Please submit both the critique and the playing test to GoogleClassroom.
Here is a small list of performances that are available to go to in the next few weeks to complete the Fine Arts Critique if you haven't done so already:
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday April 21-23 (7pm, 7pm, 2pm)
- Alton HS Spring Musical, Les Miserables
Monday, April 24 (7pm)
- Lewis and Clark Community College Jazz on a Spring Evening @ Trimpe Building on LCCC's campus (Junior Jake Fromme plays with this ensemble)
Thursday, May 4 (7:30pm)
- Trimpe and CMHS Choir Concert at CMHS Auditorium
Monday, April 17
- 2017 Student Leader Meeting (3pm-3:30pm)
- Jazz Band Rehearsal (3:30pm-5pm - Select Students Only)
Wednesday, April 19
- Tri-M Meeting (3:15pm)
Thursday, April 20
- Silver Medallion Ceremony (5:30pm-7pm, 5pm call - Select Students Only)
Friday, April 21
- STL Symphony (We will leave after 2nd hour; return before the school day is over; dress nicely: no jeans! - Select Students Only)
Monday, April 24
- Jazz Band (3pm-4pm - ALL jazz band members)
- LCCC Jazz on a Spring Evening (7pm - Trimpe Building)
Wednesday, April 26
- Tri-M Meeting (3:15pm)
The 2nd week of May is a busy one, so I'll include it on this email:
Tuesday, May 9 (7:30pm)
- 5th Grade Band and Trimpe Band Concert @ CMHS Gym (Not required, but highly encouraged to help set up and tear down for this concert)
Thursday, May 11 (7:30pm, 6:45pm call)
- CMHS Band Concert @ CMHS Auditorium (Is required... all black dress! No jeans, no open toed shoes. This is also an awards night. Various awards will be handed out throughout the evening.)
Saturday, May 13 (7pm)
- CMHS Graduation @ CMHS (This event will either be held in the football stadium or the gym, weather permitting. Dress should be nice, does NOT need to be all black. No jeans, no open toed shoes.)
Please let me know if you have any questions!
Musically yours --
Updates will go out weekly to all band parents and students. If you're not receiving these updates, double check Ms. Davis has the most up-to-date email address for you!