Hello, hello, hello!
March is nearly upon us and with March, comes the following Saturday events:
Saturday, March 4
- IHSA Solo and Ensemble Contest held at Alton High School. Here is the schedule of our events. This is a required performance by every student and it is worth 100 points. We will be meeting at CMHS at 7:30am on Saturday and taking a bus to Alton; there will be a return bus after the last event of the day. If you'd like to meet us at Alton and take your child home with you after their performance, you may - I just need to see you with your child before you leave. I will be attempting to watch all of our events as they happen, so if you follow the schedule, that's where you'll find me or you can message me via Remind to meet you somewhere in the school - I will say depending on where you're at in the high school, reception can be a bit spotty. Imagine our auditorium, just throughout most of the school. There will be concessions at the event so if you'd like to eat, please bring money or you may bring lunch/snacks.
Saturday, March 11
- Fine Arts Boosters Annual Dinner Auction held at CMHS Commons. Doors open at 5:00pm and dinner begins at 6:00pm. Entertainment will be provided that evening during dinner from the CM Jazz Band as well as the cast of Cinderella. Sign-ups for volunteering for the event will be posted on my office door this week. Students working the event will receive extra credit. If you'd like to volunteer to work that night, please let me know. If you'd like to buy a ticket, tickets are $20 each or $150 for a table of 8.
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, March 17, 18, and 19
- CMHS presents Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella. Performances are at 7pm, 7pm, and 2pm. It's shaping up to be a wonderful performance! For tickets, please contact Mrs. Woelfel.
Saturday, March 25
- Sweets 'N' Swing! This event was held in the past and I thought it would be wonderful to bring it back! There will be a dance floor for some swing dancing as well as sets performed by our CM Jazz Band as well as Second Generation Swing, a professional big band based out of St. Louis. They are a non-profit organization donating their time and talents for us. I sent home a donations/volunteer list with your child/ren. If that didn't quite make it home, it can be found here. I would like this filled out and returned by March 10.
Thursday, March 30
- Nashville Departure Meeting in CM Auditorium (7pm)
Friday-Sunday, April 7-9
- Nashville Trip
The final trip fundraiser is selling Cheesecakes. Order forms were passed out to those interested last week. Make checks payable to CMHS Bands and completed order forms with money will be due Friday, March 10. Delivery will be March 20th.
If you go here, you can access the tentative 2017-2018 Marching Eagles Schedule.
Monday, Feb. 27
- Jazz Band (3pm-4:30pm - I extended the time since we are getting into crunch time for performances. If you need to leave early, just let me know.)
Tuesday, Feb. 28
- Brass Choir Rehearsal (2:30pm-3:00pm)
Wednesday, Mar. 1
- Saxophone 2 Rehearsal (1:37pm-2:05pm)
- Tri-M Meeting (3:15pm)
Thursday, Mar. 2
- Clarinet Choir Rehearsal (7:15am-7:40am)
- Flute Choir Rehearsal (1:37pm-2:05pm)
Friday, Mar. 3
- Percussion Ensemble Rehearsal (3:00pm-3:30pm)
- 3rd Quarter Playing Test Due (11:59pm)
Saturday, Mar. 4
- IHSA Solo and Ensemble (7:30am bus leaves; 2:45 bus returns)
Monday, Mar. 6
- Jazz Band (3pm-4:30pm)
Tuesday, Mar. 7
- Honors Society Induction (Select Students Only - 7pm)
Wednesday, Mar. 8
- Tri-M Meeting (3:15pm)
Friday, Mar. 10
- Student Leader Application due (3pm)
Saturday, Mar. 11
- IGSMA Solo and Ensemble (5th and middle school band/choir)
- Fine Arts Boosters Dinner Auction (Doors - 5pm, Dinner - 6pm; CM Commons)
If you have any questions, please let me know!
Musically yours --
Updates will go out weekly to all band parents and students. If you're not receiving these updates, double check Ms. Davis has the most up-to-date email address for you!