Hi, hey, hello!
About five weeks until the end of the school year! Only a few more weeks for our senior class... :(
Speaking of senior class... seniors, please fill out that senior form and hand it back to me on Friday of this week! Also, please send me any pictures you would like included in the senior slideshow that will be shown the night of our concert.
Seniors - I know you are done with school the second week of May (May 8 if you don't have to take finals), but please come to 4th hour every day until after graduation. Depending on the day, the time changes so please be aware of that.
That segues right into our spring concert! It will be held at Cornerstone Church this year. This is very exciting, and also happens to present some changes logistically. Our AWESOME maintenance team in Bethalto will be moving all large percussion instruments and stands to the church during the morning of our concert. Call time for our concert will be 5:30pm, which is a earlier than normal, but we have to set up, warm up and get used to the new acoustics in the church. Dress is all black, no open-toed shoes, tights underneath skirts/dresses, etc. All the regular business!
Marching Eagles Informational Meeting
- This meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 1st at 7pm. Thespian Inductions will be held prior to this, so please do not enter the auditorium until the doors open. This night is extremely important for new members of the marching band, as well as receiving all necessary forms for the upcoming school year... I will also announce next year's marching band show!
- Percussion audition clinics are Wednesday, May 2 and May 9, with auditions being held on Wednesday, May 16. The rehearsal schedule can be found HERE. I handed out music for this audition last week. You will want to prepare AT LEAST two different instruments that you are wanting to perform on this fall. The auditions you can audition on are:
- Snare Drum
- Bass Drum (Choose one part)
4th Quarter Playing Test and Fine Arts Critique
- Both the playing test and fine arts critique are due Friday, May 4 at 11:59pm! These are large grades - the playing test is 100 points, but weighted x2, and the fine arts critique is 100 points. Make sure to do these assignments and get them in on time!
Beginning Band Instrument Rental Night
- It's that time of the year to start recruiting the 4th graders to play instruments next year! This night consists of what I like to call an instrument petting zoo and will be held on Thursday, May 17 from 5pm-8pm. There will be tables for all instruments that are offered in 5th grade (flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, trombone, euphonium and percussion) and 4th graders will be walking around with their parents trying out these instruments! I would like high school students there to help with recruitment as well as to teach the 4th graders how to create a sound on their instruments. If you're interested in helping with this event, please let me know!
- The band does perform at graduation on Saturday, May 19. Depending on weather, it may be inside or outside! Call time is TBA and dress is nice clothes, black is not a requirement.
Monday, April 16
- Jazz Band (3pm-4pm)
Wednesday, April 18
- Tri-M (2:35pm)
Saturday, April 21
- Have fun at Prom!
Monday, April 23
- Jazz Band (3:30pm-5pm)
- Edwardsville Band Concert (Fine Arts Critique opportunity - 7pm - Edwardsville High School)
Tuesday, April 24
- Senior Celebration (6pm)
Wednesday, April 25
- Fine Arts Booster Meeting (6:30pm)
Alton Municipal Band
The Alton Muny Band is a concert band based out of Alton that performs throughout the summer at Haskell Park and Riverview Park. They are always looking for musicians to perform with them! A few of our own performs with the group: Ricky Beck, Jake Fromme, and Brayden Shirley! If you are interested in performing with this group, you need to own your own instrument and be able to sight read. See here for more information!
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please let me know!
Musically yours --
Updates will go out weekly to all band parents and students. If you're not receiving these updates, double check Ms. Davis has the most up-to-date email address for you!