Hi, hey, hello!
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to all who helped set up, work, and tear down the Fine Arts Boosters vendor fair this past Friday and Saturday. It truly takes a village to make something like this happen and I cannot stress how important the booster club is to our success as a musical group!
A huge, never ending thank you goes to Jennifer Hawkins, Sarah Beiermann, Michelle Myers, Anna Pearson, Jennifer Gould, and Andrew Ambrose. These wonderful ladies and gentleman run the booster club to benefit our students and without them, I wouldn't know where we would be. Your love of our fine arts students in the Bethalto School District is heartwarming to see! Thank you!
- Our spring band concert has been relocated to Cornerstone Church in Bethalto! Thanks to Ricky Beck for his help in setting this up - I'm really excited for the band to perform in this venue. However, because of the change in location, it will alter a few things for that night. Call time will be at the church at 5:30pm on Thursday, May 10 to ensure everything is set up in time and for us to warm up and become accustomed to the space; doors for parents and friends will open at 7pm. Dress is still all black, no jeans or open toed shoes and tights/leggings underneath dresses/skirts. If you have any questions, please let me know!
- The band also performs at graduation on Saturday, May 19th. Call time is TBA, but dress is nice clothes. Depending on weather, we may be inside or outside.
Beginning Band Instrument Rental Night
- Meadowbrook's beginning band instrument rental night will be on Thursday, May 17 at Meadowbrook Intermediate's gym from 5pm-8pm. This is an extra credit opportunity for all students to come help out at this night. Current 4th graders will attend this night and "try out" the instruments offered for 5th grade: flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, euphonium, trombone, and percussion. High school students will be the ones who help them try out these instruments by teaching them how to hold it and how to form their embouchure as well as inspire them! If you are interested in helping out with this night, please let me know!
Marching Eagles Information Meeting
- Our 2018-2019 Marching Eagles informational meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 1 at 7pm. Thespian Inductions are also this same night, so it may start a little later than 7pm, but we will be in the auditorium. This night is extremely important because of how much information is shared - I hand out all required forms for the next school year and.... I announce the marching band show! :D
- Here is the summer schedule for CMHS Percussion. Audition clinics are on Wednesday, May 2 and 9 from 3:30pm-5pm, with auditions being on May 16th starting at 3:30pm. You will select one instrument to actually audition on. I'll be passing out music this week. Auditions will be held on the following instruments:
- Snare Drum
- Tenor Drum
- Bass Drum
Monday, April 9
- Jazz Band (3:30pm-5pm)
Tuesday, April 10
- Fine Arts Booster Meeting - wrap up of the vendor fair
Monday, April 16
- Jazz Band (3pm-4pm - time change!)
Wednesday, April 18
- Tri-M (2:35pm)
Alton Municipal Band
The Alton Muny Band is a concert band based out of Alton that performs throughout the summer at Haskell Park and Riverview Park. They are always looking for musicians to perform with them! A few of our own performs with the group: Ricky Beck, Jake Fromme, and Brayden Shirley! If you are interested in performing with this group, you need to own your own instrument and be able to sight read. See here for more information!
If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me!
Musically yours --
Updates will go out weekly to all band parents and students. If you're not receiving these updates, double check Ms. Davis has the most up-to-date email address for you!