I'm sending this update out before the weekend simply because there is quite a bit going on next week.
1. Tuesday and Thursday, July 26 and 28
- Student Leader Workshop from 8am-12pm at the high school
- Guard Rehearsal from 8am-10am
- Percussion Rehearsal from 1pm-3pm
2. Tuesday, July 26
- Band Parents Meeting at High Flyers Grille from 6pm-8pm
3. The week after next, August 1-5, is BAND CAMP from 8am-4pm. Please make sure that your child is hydrated and dressed appropriately for the weather. If your child has a conflict, please let me know! Missing band camp will put them severely behind.
4. We still need plenty of donations of water, snacks, first aid, etc. If you're willing to donate anything of that sort or your time, please contact Shelly Moore.
Let me know if you have any questions leading up to band camp!
Musically yours -
Hope your 4th of July weekend was wonderful - I enjoyed the fireworks in
Forest Park for the first time. It was amazing!
We don't have much going on in the month of July, but here is what we do
Tuesday, July 5 (Today) - Percussion Rehearsal10am-12pm
Thursday, July 7 (Thursday) - Percussion Rehearsal10am-12pm
Tuesday, July 26 (Tuesday) - Student Leader Workshop 8am-12pm
Percussion Rehearsal 1pm-3pm -
This WAS on the original calendar, but the time was not set.
Thursday, July 28 (Thursday) - Student Leader Workshop 8am-12pm
Percussion Rehearsal 1pm-3pm
- Again, this WAS on the original calendar, but the time was not set.
Monday, August 1-Friday, August 5 - BAND CAMP!8am-4pm
Color Guard also has their scheduled rehearsals throughout the month.
1. Make sure to sign up for the Remind. So easy to use and so useful -
I'll send out small reminders pretty often.
Text @cmhsma to 81010
If you're in percussion, also join the Percussion Remind:
Text @cmhsper to 81010
If you're a student leader, also join the Student Leader Remind:
Text @cmhsle to 81010
2. Forms to turn in during band camp.
Order Form WITH payment - Please only turn this in to me.
Student Information Form - ASAP if possible.
3. CALENDAR CHANGE
I realized as I was looking at the calendar that there is a mistake on
there - the Monday evening rehearsals will be from4pm-7pm. 4pm-5pm will
be the parade only rehearsal, 5pm-7pm will be the field show rehearsal.
Please plan accordingly!
4. Shelly Moore is still looking for donations and volunteers for band
camp and beyond. If you're willing to help out, please email her!
5. If your child CANNOT make it to a rehearsal, please let me know ASAP!
6. Music is available! If you scroll over the CMHS Band tab, then scroll to find Music. Click on it. Then click on the button on the page it takes you to, you will see our show music. Reminder that El Gato is the parade tune as well as first movement.
Updates will go out weekly to all band parents and students. If you're not receiving these updates, double check Miss Davis has the most up-to-date email address for you!