I've had a few parents ask me about volunteering for the parade this Saturday - here's what we need! If you're interested, please let me know!
1. Parent volunteers to water the kids (at least 4 - more are always welcome)
2. Volunteers to chaperone the busses from school to parade site and back
Should be a pretty easy morning!
Here is dress for the parade:
Tall black socks
CM Polo (I have them! Send your child to me to grab what they ordered)
If hair is long, pulled back in a ponytail and out of your face
Some people have asked me about why we aren't wearing khakis anymore - my answer was that khakis have the ability to be about 20 different colors and still be considered khaki. Black pants means black pants. If you need help finding some, please let me know!
Call time on Saturday is 8am at Civic Memorial!
Just in case you didn't know - this fundraiser ends THIS Friday at midnight!
Hello Band members, family and friends:
Thanks to everyone who has supported the online shopping site! This is a friendly reminder the store will close at midnight September 2, 2016. Order your marching band t-shirts, apparel and accessories before it’s too late. A portion of your purchase will be donated back to the band program.
Visit the site: https://bethaltomarchingband16.itemorder.com/
Musically yours --
Congratulations to the CM Marching Eagles Percussion - they performed at the SIUE Percussion Festival this past weekend. They performed wonderfully and received some constructive feedback from the clinicians! It was an entirely new experience for them all, but I think they truly enjoyed performing and getting to watch the other percussion ensembles perform as well!
Also, a big congratulations to the entire CM Marching Eagles! They had their first performance Friday night and it went so well! CONGRATULATIONS! We all know that there are things we can do better to improve and that is the goal for us as a group - each time we perform, we want to do something better. Thanks goes to Matt and Melanie Thomas who helped water the band and fix some uniform issues we were having. Thank you so much!
Here's what is going on this week!
- CM Marching Eagles Rehearsal from 4pm-6pm (Color Guard starts at 3pm)
- Due to a few things going on, we will only rehearse for two hours tonight. 4pm-5pm will be parade, and 5pm-6pm will be field.
- CM Percussion Rehearsal from 5:30pm-7pm
- Football vs. Salem
- Same set-up as last week! Call time is at 5pm, make sure to sign in, and then we will warm-up a bit before heading to the field for Pre-Game, stands, and halftime! Dismissal will be after half time this week.
- I could use parent volunteers for the following:
- Uniforms and Plumes (Sometimes the uniforms need a hand...)
- Water (taking water out to the stands for the kids after pre-game and before half-time. It took about 3 coolers to water the band last Friday)
- Drum Major Podium set-up (Just taking the podiums out before pre-game and then onto the field before their halftime performance)
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN DOING ANY OF THIS!
- Bethalto Homecoming/Labor Day Parade (Itinerary is attached)
- Call time is 8am, 8am, 8am!
- Dress is marching shoes, TALL BLACK SOCKS, plain black pants, and CM polo for the band (I have them and will distribute them tonight!) Guard is wearing their uniform, I believe! If that's changed, I'll let you know!
I think that's it for this week!
We have two fundraisers happening:
- CMHS MARCHING BAND ON LINE SHOPPING FUNDRAISER
Attention CMHS band students, family and friends: please share the following link https://bethaltomarchingband16.itemorder.com/ for the CMHS Marching Band online shopping site with any and all CMHS fans. A percentage of sales from this site will go to support our band program! The Marching Band Store features apparel items for the band as well as general Eagle spirit wear. The site will remain open now through September 2, 2016 . Once it’s closed, it’s too late, so make sure you shop today! All merchandise will be delivered mid-September. (if you cannot open the link by clicking, please cut and paste into your URL).
2. Roma's Pizza Fundraiser
- On Tuesday, Sept. 20, if you go to Roma's, order food, and say you're there for the Marching Eagles, a portion of whatever is made that day/night goes to the band! I'll be there for dinner! :)
As always, if you have any questions, please let me know!
Musically yours --
Hello, hello, hello!
Hopefully the past week wasn't too stressful on all of you!
Here are a few updates on band life...
1. Rehearsal today from 4pm-7pm. Please communicate ALL absences, tardies, and leaving early with me through an e-mail or a note. Telling me in person just won't cut it - my memory is not that great and there are five million things going on. Please email me, watch me notate it, then call it good. These rehearsals, starting today, ARE a grade.
2. Percussion rehearsal on Wednesday from 5:30-7. Same rules as above applies to the percussion rehearsals.
3. First football game of the season is FRIDAY! How exciting! I'll have a more detailed plan on Friday, but call time will be 5pm. You'll get more information then. Because the percussion have something going on Saturday morning, we will leave after half time for this football game. Plan on staying the ENTIRE GAME unless told otherwise.
4. Saturday, August 27th is the SIUE Percussion Festival. This is a percussion only performance held at SIUE's Korte Stadium. Attached is the itinerary; Civic Memorial performs at 10:30am, we are the first group to perform. Boston Perry and Stella Smith will also perform solos at some point - I'll let you know about specific times for those once I receive them. Please come out and support your fellow band members!
5. Monday, August 29th we have another 4pm-7pm rehearsal.
6. Wednesday, August 31st we have another percussion rehearsal from 5:30pm-7pm.
7. Friday, September 2nd we have another football game. Since we have Bethalto's Homecoming/Labor Day Parade the next morning, we will leave after halftime.
8. Bethalto's Homecoming/Labor Day Parade on Saturday, September 3. Attached is the itinerary for that parade as well! Dress will be black pants, black socks, marching shoes, and the purple CM band polo.
As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!
Musically yours --
I have been informed that I gave you the WRONG DATE for the Labor Day Parade - on the schedule given to you all, it was posted for Monday, September 5th on Labor Day. It will actually be on Saturday, September 3rd. It will be in the morning and should be a pretty quick and easy parade!
We will wear our CMHS Band Polo and black pants with marching shoes. They should be in by then! :) We will be playing El Gato.
The other thing I wanted to inform you of is a fundraiser. Read below.
CMHS MARCHING BAND ON LINE SHOPPING FUNDRAISER
Attention CMHS band students, family and friends: please share the following link https://bethaltomarchingband16.itemorder.com/ for the CMHS Marching Band online shopping site with any and all CMHS fans. A percentage of sales from this site will go to support our band program! The Marching Band Store features apparel items for the band as well as general Eagle spirit wear. The site will remain open now throughSeptember 2, 2016 . Once it’s closed, it’s too late, so make sure you shop today! All merchandise will be delivered mid-September. (if you cannot open the link by clicking, please cut and paste into your URL).
Let me know if you have any questions!
Musically yours --
We have a few things going on next week, so I wanted to just check in and make sure everyone was aware of what is happening!
- Since school starts next week with meetings and whatnot on Monday morning, I was asked to make sure all equipment is put away in the auditorium as much as possible. I'll be in Saturday morning (8/13) to start making sure things are put away if anyone would like to come help out! I'll be there around 9am and I'll leave around 12pm depending on how long it takes. I'd appreciate the help!
- Monday, August 15
- Parade Rehearsal from 4pm-5pm
- Field Rehearsal from 5pm-7pm
- I AM starting to put in grades for the school year starting next week - if your child has to miss, email me or send me a note. It will start affecting their grades!
- If your child has not been fitted for a uniform yet, they should do this Monday night. We have to get the uniforms to the cleaners so that they smell fresh for the first football game of the season!
- Wednesday, August 17
- FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! :)
- Percussion Rehearsal from 5:30-7
- Same rules apply - these rehearsals will be starting to become grades. If your child has to miss, email me or send me a note.
- Friday, August 19
- Purple and Gold Volleyball and Football Scrimmage
- I did NOT put this on the schedule, so I'm offering extra credit points to any band member that will come play the school song and the Star Spangled Banner for these two games. We will go over the music in class next week and I'll put a sign up sheet on the instrument closet's doors. If you sign up and show up, extra credit will be given! Dress will be jeans and spirit wear for this game - call time will be 4:30 in the auditorium - the first game starts at 5:00. More details will be given in class next week.
I think that's it for next week. I'm looking forward to starting off a wonderful year with the Marching Eagles!
As always, please let me know if you have any questions!
I hope your child has told you a little bit about the productive week we have had! It's been a hot, sweaty, RAINY, but beautiful week.
We have learned the first two movements of our 2016 field show - Latin Life. We know both the drill and the music and the kids have been giving me 150% every day (something that never goes unappreciated.)
Starting next Monday, August 8th, we will have marching rehearsals from 4pm-7pm (THIS WAS A MISTAKE ON THE ORIGINAL SCHEDULE. IT IS UNTIL 7PM.) From 4pm-5pm, we will focus on parades, so 8th graders will be required to be there. From 5pm-7pm, we will focus on the field show so 8th graders will be dismissed. However, this Monday will be slightly different: from 4pm-6pm will only be field rehearsal so 8th graders do NOT have to be in attendance. Starting at 6pm, we will have a parent/family preview. The kids will show you what they worked on last week!
If your child has to miss a rehearsal for ANY REASON, please email me the dates. Reminder that band IS a grade, so missing any rehearsal does effect them negatively. When school starts, we will talk about ways to make up those points.
Thank you and if you have questions, please ask me!
Updates will go out weekly to all band parents and students. If you're not receiving these updates, double check Ms. Davis has the most up-to-date email address for you!