Hi, hey, hello!
Important Dates to Remember
Here are some important dates to remember - more information about all of them will come out closer to the performances.
1. Thursday, Mar. 1 - CMHS Winter Showcase
- This is a required performance held at Civic Memorial High School's auditorium.
2. Saturday, Mar. 3 - IHSA Solo and Ensemble
- This is an optional performance. Details have been discussed in class; please email me if you have any questions.
3. March 16, 17 and 18 - 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
- Performance dates for the musical. Times are 7pm, 7pm, and 2pm respectively.
4. Saturday, March 24 - Sweets 'N' Swing Dance
- This is a jazz band required performance and a fun night for all! More details TBA.
5. April 7 and April 8 - Fine Arts Boosters Vendor Fair
6. Thursday, May 3 - Trimpe and CM Choirs Spring Concert
7. Tuesday, May 8 - 5th-8th Grades Band Spring Concert
8. Thursday, May 10 - CMHS Bands Spring Concert
9. Saturday, May 18 - CMHS Graduation
We are jumping right into this semester. HERE is a copy of the pep band schedule if it got a little lost over the winter break. Pep band games are required performances!
- It is school handbook/course description policy that if you fail either semester of band, you are not eligible to sign up for band the following year. Please keep this in mind when you start selecting your classes for next year.
- I also want to be quite clear on the following information. There are NOT as many grades that go into PowerSchool this semester, especially compared to last semester. Everything will effect your final grade. Stay up on assignments and turn everything in when it is due. Playing test and fine arts critique requirements and due dates were handed out back in August; the pep band schedule was handed out in October. Do what you need to do to pass this class!
Monday, Jan. 8
- Pep Band (Girl's game - call will be 5:30pm - dress is polo or whatever the student section is wearing - TBA)
Tuesday, Jan. 9
- Fine Arts Booster Meeting (CMHS Commons - 6:30pm)
Thursday, Jan. 11 - MY BIRTHDAY :)
- Pep Band (Girls' game - call time will be 6pm - dress is polo or whatever the student section is wearing - TBA)
Friday, Jan. 12
- Solo and Ensemble sign ups due
Monday, Jan. 15
- NO SCHOOL - Martin Luther King Jr's birthday
Friday, Jan. 19
- SIUE Bi-State Festival (Select Students only - Leave CM @ 3pm; return @ 10pm)
Saturday, Jan. 20
- SIUE Bi-State Festival (Select Students only - Leave CM @ 7:30am; concerts at 6:30pm, 6:45pm, 7:30pm; 8:15pm)
If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please do not hesitate to send me an email or call.
Musically yours --
Updates will go out weekly to all band parents and students. If you're not receiving these updates, double check Ms. Davis has the most up-to-date email address for you!