Hello, hello, hello!
The last week of March is upon us! I don't know about you, but I feel like March has been an endless month.
Thank you to all those who helped to make Sweets 'N' Swing such a large success. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. Definitely a keeper! :) I'm thinking of a few things that will make the event an even better success next year - if you have any ideas, send them my way!
Jazz band rehearsal will be cancelled this week. Take a week off - relax! (Mellow out... :D )
There is mandatory departure meeting for all those attending the Nashville trip on Thursday (March 30th) in the CM Auditorium at 7pm. If you cannot make it, please let me know.
Looking at the months of April and May, here are the big dates.
- Silver Medallion Ceremony performance (Select Students - they were informed a little over a month ago)
- Tri-M St. Louis Symphony Trip (Select Students)
- Trimpe and CM Choir Concert (7:30pm in CM Auditorium)
- 4th Quarter Playing Test Due
- Fine Arts Critique Due
- Meadowbrook Band and Trimpe Band Concert (7:30 pm in CM Gym)
- CM Band Concert (7:30 pm in CM Auditorium)
- Graduation (All students required to attend and play!)
- Memorial Day Parade (More info. TBA - Seniors and ALUMNI are invited to play with us!)
*** There will be a 2017-2018 Marching Eagles Informational Meeting for all incoming 8th graders and current freshmen, sophomores, and juniors sometime in late April/early May. I will let you know as soon as it is scheduled!
Looking at this week, it's pretty light! :)
Wednesday, Mar. 29
- Tri-M Meeting (3:15pm)
Thursday, Mar. 30
- Mandatory Departure Meeting for Nashville (7pm in CM Auditorium)
Monday, April 3
- Jazz Band (3pm-4pm)
Wednesday, April 5
- Tri-M (3:15pm)
Friday, April 7 - Sunday, April 9
- Depart for Nashville
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me!
Musically yours --
Updates will go out weekly to all band parents and students. If you're not receiving these updates, double check Miss Davis has the most up-to-date email address for you!