Hello, hello, hello!
First weekend of March is complete!
IHSA Solo and Ensemble went EXTREMELY well! Ensembles and solos were rated on a scale of 5, 5 being the lowest and 1 being the highest. I = Superior, II = Excellent, III = Good, IV = Fair, V = Poor. Scores were as follows:
Flute Choir - II (Excellent)
Clarinet Choir - II (Excellent)
Sax Group 1 - II (Excellent)
Sax Group 2 - II (Excellent)
Brass Choir - II (Excellent)
Percussion Ensemble - II (Excellent)
We also had a few smaller ensembles and solos. The following students rehearsed on their own outside and class time and did a wonderful job preparing themselves for this festival. Congratulations to the following:
Sydney S. - Flute Solo - II (Excellent)
Anna S. and Alex H. - Clarinet Duet - I (Superior - and they received a perfect score!)
Jacob F. - Sax Solo - I (Superior)
Brayden S. - Sax Solo - I (Superior)
Ricky B. - Trombone Solo - II (Excellent)
Quinlan R., Mark E., Brent H., and Emily P. - Brass Quartet - III (Good)
Great job! I think this is something we will keep next year! :)
Looking at this month:
- Cheesecake order forms and money are due this Friday, March 10th! Delivery will be March 20th. More info TBA.
Saturday, March 11
- Fine Arts Boosters Dinner Auction. Please consider coming to support this wonderful organization that benefits all fine arts students throughout Bethalto! If you'd like to purchase a ticket, please contact me or Mrs. Woelfel.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday, March 17, 18 and 19
- Civic Memorial presents Cinderella. Reserve seats are being sold by Mrs. Woelfel.
Saturday, March 25
- Sweets 'N' Swing. I sent a letter home with the students last week asking for donations and volunteers. Please have them return the filled out letter by Friday, March 10th so I can figure out what we need to still get donated!
Tuesday, March 7
- Honors Society Induction (All Tri-M members and inductees)
Wednesday, March 8
- Tri-M Meeting (3:15pm)
Thursday, March 9
- Jazz Band (3pm-4:30pm)
Friday, March 10
- Student Leader Applications due with recommendations (3pm)
Saturday, March 11
- Fine Arts Boosters Dinner Auction
Monday, March 13
- Jazz Band (3pm-4pm)
Wednesday, March 15
- Tri-M (3:15pm)
Friday and Saturday, March 17 and 18
- Civic Memorial presents Cinderella (7pm)
Sunday, March 19
- Civic Memorial presents Cinderella (2pm)
As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Musically yours --
Updates will go out weekly to all band parents and students. If you're not receiving these updates, double check Ms. Davis has the most up-to-date email address for you!