Hi, hey, hello!
Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there! Thank you for all that you do in raising your children!
Band, congratulations on a beautiful spring concert. Thank you for all of your work this school year.
I hope those of you that attended the banquet enjoyed it! Huge thank you to all those who helped set up the banquet as well as those who donated any desserts or drinks. As this was the first year we did it, if you have any ideas on how to make it better for next year, please do not hesitate to send them my way! Ann Twente and I will start looking at organizing this banquet for next year.
Graduation is on Saturday, May 18. The band performs before the ceremony begins as well as during the ceremony when graduating seniors walk. The ceremony begins at 7pm; call time will be 5pm to move equipment, get warmed up, etc. If you are driving, you may want to get there even earlier to find a parking spot. Weather permitting, we are outside in the stadium. We plan on performing Apples, the 6/8 section of By My Side, Imaginarium, then the seniors will head inside to walk. As they procession out, we will play Pomp & Circumstance, and we will also be playing the school song when introduced. As they walk out, we will play the recessional. Plan on wearing nice clothes for the occasion.
Please plan on coming to band the following days: Wednesday, May 15 & Thursday, May 16. After your graduation walk to the schools on Friday, please plan on coming back to the school to handprint my office. :)
Week of May 13
Monday, May 13
- Alton Muny Band Open Rehearsals (7:30pm - more information can be found HERE)
Tuesday, May 14
- Fine Arts Booster Meeting (6pm, CM Commons)
- 4th Grade Recorder & 5th Grade Choir Concert (6:30pm, Meadowbrook Intermediate)
Wednesday, May 15
- Percussion Auditions (Schedule can be found HERE, plan on auditioning and then leaving)
Thursday, May 16
- Color Guard Rehearsal (4:30pm-6:30pm, Bethalto East)
- Beginning Band Instrument Rental Night (6pm-8pm, CM Auxiliary Gym - Extra Credit for those who can help set up and work the event, starting at 5pm)
Saturday, May 18
- Graduation (5pm call, 6:30pm perform, 7pm ceremony begins - CM stadium/gym depending on weather - wear nice clothes)
Week of May 20
Monday, May 20
- Alton Muny Band Open Rehearsal/Auditions
Wednesday, May 22
- Band Final
- Percussion Rehearsal (3pm-5pm)
Thursday, May 23
- Color Guard Rehearsal (4:30pm-6:30pm)
- Tri-M to Come From Away (Itinerary can be found HERE)
Friday, May 24
- Memorial Day Parade Rehearsal (1pm-3pm)
Monday, May 27
- Memorial Day Parade (9am-1pm)
Over the summer, my updates go from weekly to monthly. However, if you ever have any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to email me. I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Musically yours --
Updates will go out weekly to all band parents and students. If you're not receiving these updates, double check Ms. Davis has the most up-to-date email address for you!