Hi, hey, hello!
To the 2019 graduates - CONGRATULATIONS!
To all those who performed at graduation - wonderful job! Special thank you to all those who helped move equipment back and forth and to Mrs. Reynolds for helping us avoid the storm!
Please continue to donate bottled water. If the past two days were any indication, we will definitely need it throughout the summer!
Memorial Day Parade
We have a rehearsal on Friday, May 24 from 1pm-3pm. This parade tends to be a shock to us all - it's usually pretty warm and we haven't spent much time marching in the past few months. Please hydrate leading up to this rehearsal as well as the parade. The parade itself steps off at 10:15am on Monday, May 27: plan on meeting at CM to grab instruments and load the buses by 9am. We will bus over to the start of the parade, which is at The Bank of Edwardsville, parade down to the Memorial Gardens, where there will be a ceremony. I'm not sure if they are wanting us to stay for the ceremony this year, but buses will pick us up at the Memorial Gardens regardless. Dress is marching shoes, black pants, current band polo. Please invite all alumni to join us for this parade - the more the merrier! If you are able to walk with the band and distribute water, please meet us at the high school by 9am.
If you are having to miss any rehearsals over the summer, please send me an email notifying me earlier rather than later. I've already started keeping track of attendance. As I said at the meeting, I take my responsibility very seriously: when your child is supposed to be with me, I worry when they don't show up. Thank you in advance!
Week of May 20
Monday, May 20
- Last full day of school - bring marching band instruments and make sure to take all owned instruments home
- Alton Muny Band Open Rehearsals/Auditions (7:30pm, Ringhausen Building, LCCC)
Wednesday, May 22
- Band Final
- Percussion Rehearsal (3:30pm-5:30pm - slight time change!)
Thursday, May 23
- Come From Away Tri-M Trip (Itinerary can be found HERE)
Friday, May 24
- Memorial Day Parade rehearsal (1pm-3pm)
Week of May 27
Monday, May 27
- Memorial Day Parade (9am call time on buses with instruments, dress is polo, black pants, marching shoes)
Wednesday, May 29
- Percussion Rehearsal this week has been cancelled
Thursday, May 30
- Color Guard Rehearsal (4:30pm-6:30pm)
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me!
Musically yours --
Updates will go out weekly to all band parents and students. If you're not receiving these updates, double check Ms. Davis has the most up-to-date email address for you!