Hi, hey, hello!
This is a pretty busy week, so please read the following email carefully!
Our spring concert is THIS TUESDAY at Cornerstone Church. Call time for band students will be 6pm to unload trailer, set the stage, etc. The concert will begin at 7:30pm with performances from our jazz band and concert band. Dress is all black, nice clothes.
Reach for the Stars Band Banquet
Our end of the year banquet is THIS FRIDAY at CM in the Commons! Please dress semi-formally, nice clothes. I'm looking forward to celebrating all of our band and color guard students. Dinner will begin at 6pm; awards begin at 7pm.
Graduation is on Saturday, May 18. The band performs before the ceremony begins as well as during the ceremony when graduating seniors walk. The ceremony begins at 7pm; call time will be 5pm to move equipment, get warmed up, etc. If you are driving, you may want to get there even earlier to find a parking spot. Weather permitting, we are outside in the stadium.
Please plan on coming to band the following days: Wednesday, May 7 & Thursday, May 8. On Thursday, we will discuss next week.
Week of May 6
Monday, May 6
- Extra Credit! Set up auditorium (7:30am, CM Auditorium)
- TMS Choir Spring Concert (6:45pm, CM Auditorium)
- CM Choir Spring Concert (8pm, CM Auditorium)
- Alton Municipal Band Open Auditions (Information can be found HERE)
Tuesday, May 7
- CM Band Spring Concert (6pm call, 7:30pm start, Cornerstone Church)
Wednesday, May 8
- Senior Finals
- Select Students - rehearse Allegory with 8th grade during study hall
- Percussion Audition Clinic (3:30pm-5pm, CM Auditorium)
Thursday, May 9
- Senior Finals
- 5th-8th Grade Band Concert (7:30pm - extra credit for those who can be there at 5:30pm to help set up!)
Friday, May 10
- Reach for the Stars Band Banquet (6pm dinner, 7pm awards)
Week of May 13
Monday, May 13
- Alton Municipal Band Open Rehearsals
Tuesday, May 14
- Fine Arts Boosters Meeting (6pm, CM Commons)
Wednesday, May 15
- Percussion Auditions (3:30pm-???)
Thursday, May 16
- Beginning Band Night (6pm-8pm, CM Auxiliary Gym - extra credit for those who can help set up at 5pm!)
Saturday, May 18
- CM Graduation (5pm call, 7pm ceremony)
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Musically yours --
Updates will go out weekly to all band parents and students. If you're not receiving these updates, double check Ms. Davis has the most up-to-date email address for you!