Hello, hello, hello!
First off, thank you for the past two weeks! They were busy and hectic and had all sorts of activities going on, but the band pushed through.
Thank you to all parent volunteers that helped water the band this past weekend at the parade. As far as parade weather in concerned, it was BEAUTIFUL, but hydration is always important!
There isn't much happening this week:
Wednesday, Sept. 7
- Tri-M meetings begin on Wednesdays starting at 3:30pm! In the auditorium at CM
- Percussion rehearsal from 5:30pm-7pm
Thursday, Sept. 8
- This is an extra credit opportunity for any one interested (it is highly encouraged for those in Tri-M or wanting to join Tri-M). It is Meadowbrook Intermediate's beginning band instrument night. There will be tables set up in the Meadowbrook gym for 5th graders to walk around and visit and hopefully, ultimately, decide to buy to start learning in beginning band.
Monday, Sept. 12
- Guard rehearsal from 3pm-7pm
- Parade rehearsal from 4pm-5pm
- Field show rehearsal from 5pm-7pm
Wednesday, Sept. 14
- Guard rehearsal from 3pm-4:30pm
- Percussion Rehearsal from 5:30pm-7pm
Friday, Sept. 16
- Football vs. Jerseyville (5pm call time)
- We need some parents to help re-fit some uniforms! If you're available, please let me know!
- We also need some parents to help set up water for the kids after pre-game as well as set up the drum major podiums before half time. Please let me know if you're interested in helping - it would be much appreciated!
Saturday, Sept. 17
- Murphysboro AppleFest Parade (Itinerary)
- We will need some parent chaperones! Let me know if you're interested!
Tuesday, September 20 - we are having a Roma's Pizza fundraiser! If you tell your server that you're there for the band, part of the proceeds from that day will go to the band! Roma's is open from 11am-10pm, so spread the word!
This is from Shelly:
Due to the schedule and what usually ends up as chaos, Miss Davis would like to have dinner at CM when the students finish the parade. She is thinking something easy such as pizza with some fruits and veggies. This will give them some time to rest, eat, and get ready for the football game without worrying about needing to leave to eat or bringing something in.
The Plan: Each student bring in $5 between now and October 5th. The pizzas will be ordered, picked up, and ready when they get back from the parade. If anyone is willing/able to donate a few veggie and fruit trays, that would be great. If not, I can run get some that afternoon. Desserts are always welcome, if anyone wants to donate those, too.
Parade Volunteers: The HC parade is a lengthy one compared to some of the others, so volunteers will be needed to walk in the parade and water the band. In the past, there have been between 7-9 walkers, including those that pull the extra coolers. Please let me and/or Miss Davis know if you are able to volunteer. You will need to be at CM (but don't park in the lot!) by 2:30. Step off is planned at 3!
Sign up here:
One last thing, plans for Pickneyville will be coming soon! It takes a lot of planning and coordination for the potluck for this event, so we will start early!
Please let me know if you have questions!
Musically yours --
Updates will go out weekly to all band parents and students. If you're not receiving these updates, double check Ms. Davis has the most up-to-date email address for you!