We have a few things going on next week, so I wanted to just check in and make sure everyone was aware of what is happening!
- Since school starts next week with meetings and whatnot on Monday morning, I was asked to make sure all equipment is put away in the auditorium as much as possible. I'll be in Saturday morning (8/13) to start making sure things are put away if anyone would like to come help out! I'll be there around 9am and I'll leave around 12pm depending on how long it takes. I'd appreciate the help!
- Monday, August 15
- Parade Rehearsal from 4pm-5pm
- Field Rehearsal from 5pm-7pm
- I AM starting to put in grades for the school year starting next week - if your child has to miss, email me or send me a note. It will start affecting their grades!
- If your child has not been fitted for a uniform yet, they should do this Monday night. We have to get the uniforms to the cleaners so that they smell fresh for the first football game of the season!
- Wednesday, August 17
- FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! :)
- Percussion Rehearsal from 5:30-7
- Same rules apply - these rehearsals will be starting to become grades. If your child has to miss, email me or send me a note.
- Friday, August 19
- Purple and Gold Volleyball and Football Scrimmage
- I did NOT put this on the schedule, so I'm offering extra credit points to any band member that will come play the school song and the Star Spangled Banner for these two games. We will go over the music in class next week and I'll put a sign up sheet on the instrument closet's doors. If you sign up and show up, extra credit will be given! Dress will be jeans and spirit wear for this game - call time will be 4:30 in the auditorium - the first game starts at 5:00. More details will be given in class next week.
I think that's it for next week. I'm looking forward to starting off a wonderful year with the Marching Eagles!
As always, please let me know if you have any questions!
Updates will go out weekly to all band parents and students. If you're not receiving these updates, double check Ms. Davis has the most up-to-date email address for you!