Hello, hello, hello!
April is here! I couldn't be more excited.
For those of you going to Nashville, you can find the video link to the meeting we had Thursday night at the following link:
Movie on 3-30-17 at 7.06 PM.mov
Emily Pipkin recorded it and it is shared only with those who have a Bethalto CUSD email address, so please have your child log in to their Google Account and you can access the video that way.
During class on Monday, I will also be handing those who missed the meeting their booklet of information as well as a Music Travel bag that they can use on the trip.
I have asked students and chaperones that we try to wear as much CMHS gear as possible. I will be picking up the Nashville shirts at some point this week and will hand those out either during class or after school - please plan on wearing this shirt on Sunday. I'll send out a Remind at some point this week.
We leave at 5am on Friday, so I'll actually see you at 4:45am. Bright and early, but hey - you get to sleep on the bus on the way there! If you are planning on leaving your car at the high school Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, please plan on parking in the technology parking lot - not the student lot numbers and not the teacher's parking lots. School is still in session Friday!
If you have any questions about this, please let me know!
Monday, April 3
- Jazz Band (3pm-4:30pm - not ALL students will be there the whole time. I will need everyone there from 3pm-3:30pm to fix up the binders, then only those playing at the Silver Medallion Ceremony in April from 3:30pm-4:30pm)
Thursday, April 6
- Nashville Run Through (1:37pm-2:00pm - only those attending Nashville need to make it to this rehearsal!)
Friday, April 7 - Sunday, April 9
- Nashville Trip! (4:45am call on Friday morning)
Monday, April 17
- 2017-2018 Student Leader Meeting (3pm)
- Jazz Band (4pm-5pm - only those playing at the Silver Medallion Ceremony)
Wednesday, April 19
- Tri-M Meeting (3:15pm)
Thursday, April 20
- Silver Medallion Academic Excellence Awards Banquet (Select Jazz Band Members ONLY - meet at Lewis and Clark Community College at the George Terry River Bend Arena at 5:00pm - Music starts at 5:30pm)
Friday, April 21
- Tri-M to St. Louis Symphony (Select Students Only - we will leave after 2nd hour - bring money for lunch and dress nicely - NO JEANS)
Please keep an eye out for a 2017-2018 Marching Eagles Parent/Student Meeting. It will be planned for some time in May!
As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and ask them!
Musically yours --
Updates will go out weekly to all band parents and students. If you're not receiving these updates, double check Ms. Davis has the most up-to-date email address for you!